Providing service to the community - our process
When a potential Client requests emergency relief services, Koinonia conducts an assessment of the individual’s needs and assets, evaluating how Koinonia might be able to help. Our assistance options include:
• One-time emergency financial assistance for rent, utilities, or prescription medications;
• Monthly supply of healthy food for the Client’s entire family;
• Regular distribution of clothing for each member of the Client’s family;
• Counseling on personal and family financial management skills; and
• Referrals to other organizations for services that could benefit the Client.
Beyond just immediate relief, Koinonia works together with the Client to produce a self-sufficiency plan to address issues that created the original need for emergency assistance. Furthermore, Koinonia provides on-going support and follow-up by meeting with the Client at regular intervals to ensure that we continue to provide appropriate assistance and to encourage the Client to make changes that can prevent the need for future emergency assistance.
Through seasonal programs, Koinonia targets extra support to benefit children: school supplies at the beginning of each new school year; special food distributions for families at Thanksgiving and Christmas; and gifts for Clients’ children at Christmas.
When a Client is interested in learning about spiritual matters, we share the gospel of Jesus Christ and facilitate connection with local church partners.
February 17th at the Kingstowne Giant
A registered 501(c)3 Non-Profit Foundation